David actively welcomes enquiries from constituents, and will do his best to help you. You can also contact him with your comments on any local, national or international issues. It is his duty and pleasure to serve all of his constituents, irrespective of their political views.

What David can help with

David can answer queries or comments about Government or national Conservative Party policy.

David is also able to help you with issues that Parliament or Government departments are responsible for, such as:

  • Taxes, Tax Credits & Benefits
  • Visa Problems
  • Housing
  • Pensions
  • Employment disputes
  • Problems with any Government Department or Non-Departmental Public Body

What David can't help with

David can't help with matters that fall under the remit of Warrington Borough Council, such as:

  • Planning
  • Problems with local roads and rights of way
  • Other matters under the control of the Borough Council

If the issue you would like to raise with David falls under the above, you should approach one of your local Borough Councillors. You can find out who your Borough Councillors are by entering your postcode into this website.

Please note that David is also not qualified to offer proper legal or financial advice. If this is what you need, you should approach the Citizens Advice Bureau, who will be able to help you seek professional advice. You can find your nearest CAB by using this link.

How can David help?

The first step in most cases is for David to write to the relevant Government minister, department or public body requesting particular information relating to your case or asking for your case to be reviewed. The department or body will then reply to David to inform him of the situation. Depending on the response David may send additional letters or speak personally to the minister involved to have the case looked at.

In most cases a letter to a Government department is enough to resolve the matter. However sometimes a case may need to be made more strongly. David may decide, with your permission, to make the issue public by raising it in the House of Commons, where it will be officially recorded, and could potentially come to the attention of the press and public.

I want to Petition Parliament

If you and other people feel very strongly about a certain issue you may decide to organise a petition to the House of Commons. Your petition can only be presented by David as your MP. You can obtain advice on petitions by writing to:

Clerk of Public Petitions
Journal Office
House of Commons

or by using the following website:

Website Hosted by Carpe Diem - Design and Hosting in Warrington